Jump to Navigation

Winter Springs Child Relocation Attorney

More Than 30 Years of Family Law Experience

Like any post-divorce modification, child relocation requires court approval. If you are moving or relocating either out of state or within 50 miles or more from your current residence (the residence at the time of the original court order), you must seek approval from the court and show it is in the best interests of the child. For assistance with your relocation/move-away case, contact me at one of my Florida law offices.

My name is Randy Hillman. With more than 30 years of family law experience, let me assist you with your child custody and relocation matter. I provide exceptional, efficient and cost-effective family law services. Your visitation rights are important to me. Contact me online for a free initial consultation or call 407-695-0874 for an experienced Winter Springs child relocation attorney.

Move-Aways and Child Relocations in Florida

A parent who is seeking to relocate must provide the other parent with a notice to relocate within at least 60 days of the planned relocation. The notice must include the address of the new location, telephone number and date of relocation.

There are many statutory factors (Florida Florida Statute § 61.1300) the court will consider in determining whether the relocation is in the best interest of the child, including:

  • Quality of the relationship between the child and each parent
  • Impact on child's emotional, educational and physical development
  • Child's view
  • Child's relationship and ties to the current community and proposed community
  • Child's relationship with extended family members
  • Reason for relocating
  • Reasons for opposing a relocation
  • Any past domestic violence
  • Feasibility of a modified parenting plan to sustain a meaningful relationship between the moving parent and the child
  • Any other relevant factors

Free Initial Consultation With a Child Custody Attorney: Kissimmee, Florida

Call 407-695-0874 or contact me online to schedule a free telephone or office consultation with an experienced Winter Springs child relocation lawyer. I am available during regular business hours, evenings and weekends by appointment. Spanish language service is available to better serve people who do not speak English as a first language.

Practice Areas Contact Randy Hillman

Randy Hillman, P.A.
Phone: 407-695-0874
Phone: 407-944-4335
Fax: 407-803-6104

Winter Springs Office
1073 Willa Springs Drive, Suite 2029
Winter Springs, FL 32708
Map and Directions

Kissimmee Office
813 Bryan Street
Kissimmee, Florida 34741
Map and Directions